Locking tuner with knurled nut / locking screw on top of the shaft. Available as M6 and M6 Mini. Is otherwise like the tried and tested M6 Mini. Gear ratio 1:14.
Price per set of 6 (see tab "versions")
- Schaller was the world's first manufacturer who developed the locking tuner and had it patented more than 20 years ago!
- Works like a traditional machine head, but the string needn't be "wound up" any more. Instead it is inserted into the cam hole with the clamp screw loosened, locked with the clamp screw and can then be tuned at once.
- This makes changing your strings a lot faster and easier.
- Only this patented locking system based on the ball socket principle prevents reliably from string notching and breakage.
- The string will not be wound onto the shaft any more. So it will stay in tune extremely well, perfect for non-locking tremolo systems.
- With all its benefits the Schaller locking tuner is THE benchmark in the guitar sector!
The standard color for the knurled screw on the shaft, which is used to clamp the string into place, is black. However, you can also order this in other finishes (nickel, chrome etc.) to match your hardware, and at no extra cost.
- All sealed tuners are lubricated with Schaller special grease for lifetime maintenance-free service.
- All parts are precision-crafted and surface-finished, the self-locking drive ensures an even, delicate and steady tuning.
- All string posts are made of high-grade brass and fitted into the housing with utmost precision, ensuring the best possible tuning accuracy and wear resistance.
- Besides the standard combinations (e.g. 6-in-line or 3/3), all tuner sets may also be ordered with any quantity of left and right tuners.
The banjo bolt has a standard length of 13mm; alternatively, it can be supplied with a 12mm or 16mm length as desired (please see under Products/Product help/Guidelines/Machine Heads).
- Unscrew the knurled screw on the adjusting axis anti-clockwise until the clamping ball comes off.
- Now press the strings against the clamping ball. Under pressure, it recedes. You can now put the guitar string through the adjusting axis.
- Screw the knurled screw clockwise until it is hand tight. The string is now secured by the clamping ball.
- Now you can tune your strings.
Now featuring a metric thread and a specially developed screw locking device, so you donˇt lose the screw anymore!
When loosening the screws, turn them anticlockwise until the string is tightened into position.
When removing the connecing screws completely from the shafts, simply take the connecting screw out of the shaft at threshold resistance.
The Schaller M6 Toplocking with fine pitch thread and pull-off locking screw
Fine Pitch Thread for better locking adjustmentOur new Toplocking screw with fine pitch thread allows the screw to be turned more precisely and the locking torque to be adjusted more accurately.
New pull-off mechanism that makes pulling off as easy as putting back on
To prevent the toplocking screw from coming off and getting lost in the process of string changing we designed a new mechanism keeping the loosened screw in place even when it is completely unfastened.
To remove the Toplocking screw entirely from the string post just pull it off firmly. To put the screw back on just turn clockwise and tighten lightly.
- Model: 3 left + 3 right
- Surface: VintageCopper
- Buttons: 1
- Button options: 2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11
- Ratio: 1 : 14
- Weight g/item: 37
- Bore mm: 9.8
- Item number
- 143,10 EUR